Delicious Dessert Recipes
Peace n' Love Cookies
Free Delicious Desert Recipes for Weight Loss and Overall Health. Excellent recipes for a Low Calorie Diet
These cookies are cousins of the granola bar. The are full of seeds and natural flavor.
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) of cut or pitted dates
- 2 tsp (10 ml) pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) natural smooth almond butter
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1-1/4 cups (130 g) old-fashioned whole rolled oats (not quick cooking or instant)
- 1/4 cup (35 g) light spelt flour
- 1/4 cup (35 g) finely ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup (70 g) sunflower seeds, raw or lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup (75 g) pumpkin seeds, raw or lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup (100 g) dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup (40 g) raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup (50 g) sesame seeds, raw or lightly toasted
Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper, or spray with nonstick spray.
In a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, vanilla, almond butter and tahini until smooth.
In a medium bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients. Pour the wet mixture over the dry and stir to combine well. The mixture will appear a bit crumbly and you may wonder if it will stick together enough; this is as it should be.
Using a small ice cream scoop or tablespoon (15 ml), drop mounds of the mixture about 2 inches (5 cm) apart on cookie sheets (you may need to press the edges a bit for it to hold together). Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, rotating sheets about halfway through, until golden. Allow to cool completely before removing from the sheets (cookies will firm up as they cool). These cookies may be frozen.
Makes about 20 cookies.
Yummy Applesauce Cake
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat or whole spelt flour
- OR: 3/4 cup whole wheat or spelt + 1 cup white flour
- OR: 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour mix
- 1/3 cup quick oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Optional: 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seed, beaten with 2 Tbsp water, let sit for 5 minutes
- 2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, agave nectar or brown rice syrup
- 2 Tbsp sunflower seed oil or other neutral cooking oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Optional: 1/2 cup raisins
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Lightly oil a 9 x 13 inch cake pan with vegetable oil
- Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and spices in a large mixing bowl. Stir in optional walnuts if using.
- Combine the wet ingredients, including oil and flax seed mixture, and the optional raisins if using
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until combined
- The mixture should be about the same consistency as muffin batter
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula dipped in water
- Place on a rack in the middle of the oven, and bake for 50 minutes
- Remove cake from oven and cover with aluminum foil for 10 minutes before removing from pan
Makes 12 squares
- 1 Graham Cracker Ready Crust
- 2 8oz containers of tofutti cream cheese
- 1 lemon
- ½ cup grade b maple syrup or honey
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Topping of choice (fresh fruit, fruit sauce, chocolate sauce, etc)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- From the lemon, prepare 1 tbsp of fresh juice and 1 tsp of lemon zest.
- Add them to a mixing bowl, along with the cream cheese, maple syrup, vanilla and salt. Blend well.
- Pour into the graham crust, bake for 30 minutes, and then chill in the fridge for an hour.
- Decorate with fresh fruit, a fruit sauce, or chocolate sauce.
Grilled Cashew Butter Blueberry Sandwich
- 3 Pieces Whole Grain or Sprouted Bread
- 1 Tbsp Cashew Butter
- 2 Tbsp Organic Blueberry Jam
- 2 tsp. Coconut Oil/Coconut Butter
- Preheat a skillet to medium/medium-high heat.
- Lay down the first piece of bread. Spread with 1 TBSP of Jam, then place the next piece of bread on top. Spread with Cashew Butter, and the rest of the Jam. Place the last piece of bread on top and spread 1 tsp. of Coconut Oil on it.
- Place the sandwich Coconut Oil side down on the skillet, then spread the rest of the Coconut Oil on the other side of the sandwich. Grill until golden brown on the bottom. Flip it over, and grill until that side is golden brown also.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Seed Smoothie
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 1/4 cup almond or coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (carob can also be used)
- 1 tablespoon grade A or B maple syrup or 3 soft dates
*Add additional almond or coconut milk if too thick.
Pour all of the ingredients into a blender and pulse on low until mixture is thick and creamy. Add more milk if itís too thick for you. Pour into a cup and enjoy!
Almond Chocolate Chrunch Bars
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup or to taste
- pinch of sea salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup Non-GMO rice crisp cereal
ALMOND BUTTER DRIZZLE
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1.5-2 teaspoons coconut oil, as needed to thin out
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- For the crunch bar: Line a 9x5 inch loaf pan with two pieces of parchment paper, one going each way. In a pot over low heat, gently melt the coconut oil and then whisk in the rest of the crunch bar ingredients (except the rice crisp) to taste. Once the mixture is smooth remove from heat and stir in the rice crisp cereal. Pour mixture into prepared pan, smooth out, and then freeze for 10-15 minutes, or until the chocolate is solid.
- For the almond butter drizzle : Melt the coconut oil and then whisk in the almond butter and maple syrup. Adjust to taste if desired. Scoop into a plastic baggie.
- Remove crunch bar from freezer and cut into 6 bars. Snip a tiny hole in the baggie and drizzle the almond butter mixture onto the bar.
- Return bars to the freezer until the almond butter drizzle is solid, about 5 minutes.
- Serve straight from the freezer. Store leftovers in the fridge or freezer.
BACK TO HEALTH TIPS
BACK TO HOME PAGE