Bentonite Clay is awesome because it has conditioning & cleansing properties. It contain nutrients such as calcium, silica, potassium and sodium. Bentonite Clay is effective for cleansing the hair and scalp without causing the hair to become dry and brittle. In fact, Bentonite Clay will improve the health of your hair in addition to removing dirt, oil and build-up with out stripping the hair. It also provides moisture removing the need to add a conditioner.
Bentonite Clay has a high negative charge, and therefore a strong attraction to heavy metals and toxins that it comes in contact with. With this stronger charge, it is able to pull in more unwanted toxins from the hair, thoroughly cleansing the hair by removing product buildup allowing for better moisture. It will attract itself to ionic positive charges which include impurities, bacteria, and fungi. These impurities will be absorbed by the clay and rinsed away with the clay.
Bentonite Clay masks are beneficial for:
• Highly absorbent and will help clarify your hair without making it feel dry or stripped of moisture. If you have curly hair that is typically dry, this should be a great pick for making your hair soft and supple.
• People who have allergic reactions to over the counter hair cleaning products.
• Re-mineralizes the hair with calcium, potassium and silica.
Bentonite Clay benefits:
• Improves moisture and sheen
• Reduce secretion of sebum
• Does not strip natural oils from your hair and skin
• The nutrients in the Bentonite Clay nourishes the follicles
• Gently draws out oils, dirt, dead skin cells and product buildup
Do not use metal utensils or bowls to aid in mixing bentonite clay, as contact will reduce the therapeutic effects of the clay. This is due to the chemical reaction of the metal interacting with the clay.
Back to Hair Care Page