Garlic contains allicin which is a very powerful natural antibiotic; it starts to fight the cause of an infected tooth immediately
For Toothache - Try applying a crushed garlic clove or garlic powder to the area. It may burn, but the pain could vanish within minutes, although it could take an hour or two. Repeat this over a few days, and all should be well. You can also use garlic and rock salt. Put a clove of garlic in some rock salt and place it on the painful tooth.
Another option is to prepare a garlic mouthwash. You can make this by crushing about 6-8 garlic cloves and placing them in 1/2 a glass of cold water. Swish this around in your mouth and especially around the affected area for 1 - 2 minutes before spitting out.
A well-known immune system strengthener, garlic shines as an antibacterial and antiviral herb for fighting colds, coughs and the flu.
A well-known immune system strengthener, garlic shines as an antibacterial and antiviral herb for fighting colds, coughs and the flu. One of the best ways to take advantage of garlic's healing properties is by drinking fresh garlic tea sweeten with raw honey. This treatment will also soothe a sore throat and helps suppress coughing. To make, add a clove of finely sliced fresh garlic to 1/2 cup raw honey in a small mixing bowl. Cover and allow the mixture to steep overnight, or for at least eight hours. To use, add 1 tsp. of the raw honey and garlic mixture to 1 cup hot water, stir well to combine and sip throughout the day. Drink up to three cups a day as needed.
When combined with honey and garlic, lemon juice makes a soothing remedy for sore throat and bronchial disorders. Finely chop two cloves fresh garlic, add 1/4 cup raw honey and 2 to 4 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice. Mix well to combine, and allow the mixture to steep for two to eight hours. Take up to 1 tsp. of the mixture every hour to alleviate cold symptoms. Store any excess in the refrigerator when not in use.
There are many methods of garlic that are used to remedy ear infection. Below is a list of these remedies. Pick the method that best suits you. These methods are used effectively to natural treat ear infection. .
1st Method – Garlic Juice
1. Take few garlic cloves and mash them properly
2. Cover these mashed garlic in a cloth and dab to pour liquid from garlic cloves into the infected ear
3. This garlic juice helps to treat ear pain and infection.
2nd Method – Garlic Clove with Cotton Balls
1. Take a clove of garlic and cut any of its edge and peel off the skin
2. Boil it for few minutes and place it on the ear (but don’t push deep into the ear canal) or you can use raw garlic clove
3. Cover it with a cotton ball and leave it for that day without disturbing it.
4. Take it out in the next day and repeat it if needed.
5. This process aids in pulling out the infection.
3rd Method – Garlic Cloves with Gauze or Cheesecloth
1. Take a fresh whole garlic clove and peel it off the skin
2. Cut the tip from one end and discard the tip
3. Wrap the garlic clove in a piece of gauze or cheesecloth
4. Place this in the infected ear with the cut end facing into the ear.
5. Then twist the gauze or cheesecloth so that you have a small amount at the end of the garlic clove that you can grab between thumb and forefinger
6. Now place a warm rice bag or wash cloth over the ear that helps to relieve pain
7. But make sure that not to push the clove deep into the ear canal and also avoid doing this method for young children.
4th Method – Warm Garlic Oil
1. Take few drops of garlic oil in a small bowl and place that bowl in a pot of hot water for few minutes till it gets warm (not hot)
2. Remove the bowl from the pot and take the garlic oil out of the bowl with a small spoon and place few drops of this warm garlic oil in the infected ear by pulling the ear back and up
3. Let it sit for 5 – 10 minutes and then cover it with a cotton ball and apply this to the other ear (if needed)
4. This process makes the wax softer and cleans it up to get relief from the pain and infection.
5. Repeating the process daily will helps to prevent the infection quickly.
5th Method – Garlic Oil Capsules
1. Take a garlic oil capsule and puncture it at the end
2. Pour this liquid into the infected ear and tilt your head so that the oil that poured will not flow out.
3. Keep your head tilted in that position for at least 10 – 15 minutes before tipping it out completely.
6th Method – Garlic and Olive Oil
1. Take a clove or two of garlic and mince it
2. Take two tablespoons of olive oil and warm it for few minutes over medium heat.
3. Turn off the heat and place this minced cloves of garlic in that warm oil
4. Steep it for few minutes to get the garlic juice mixed in olive oil
5. Strain this oil into a small glass container
6. Pour few drops of this oil into your sore ear by using dropper.
7. Allow it to sit for few minutes to do its work on the infected ear
8. Place a cotton ball in the ear and leave it for overnight.
9. Next day morning, cleanse your ear with hydrogen peroxide and put the cotton in your ear for the same day.
10. Doing the same process every night for 3 – 5 times a week will get relief from the pain and infection.
To naturally treat common warts, plantar warts, and corns without acid, cryotherapy, or excision, all you need are fresh garlic cloves, a knife, and athletic tape.
For a small wart or corn, this garlic treatment will often lead to a complete cure within a week. For larger warts, you may need to continue with garlic application for a few weeks.
If the infection is not fully blown yet, inhalations should be your first course of action to alleviate discomfort. Boil a pot of water and then add minced fresh garlic to it (3 to 4 cloves should do). Get a towel, cover your head and pot with a towel and start inhaling. It might be uncomfortable at first, but it will help. The steam alone is an amazing decongestant and helps to clear the breathing pathways. When you add other healing ingredients, the positive effects multiply.
Peel and mince an entire head of garlic (add some of the optional ingredients if you want) and cover with raw honey, water and ACV in a small bowl. Leave the mixture overnight or at least for several hours before using. Strain the pulp and store in a cool place (honey and vinegar are natural preservatives so you can keep it in a cool dry place in an airtight container and it will last for a very long time). Take a teaspoon of the mixture every couple of hours until symptoms are relieved.
Back to Internal Health Section